[council] RE: Voting on RAA Amendments Motion(s)

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Sat Dec 13 00:21:29 UTC 2008

Mike,

The Council is a policy development body.  To the extent that we
recommend consensus policies and the Board approves them, they will be
implemented into registry & registrar agreements.  Comments from the
GNSO are certainly appropriate and have always been encouraged regarding
agreements, but there is no basis for GNSO approval of agreements.

Community wide negotiations of contracts would be a very strange
business practice.

Chuck