[council] Proposed OSC Charter

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Dec 13 21:35:56 UTC 2008

Hi,

Are there any material changes in the charter?  If so, I think we
would actually need a motion and a vote to approved the modified
charter.

Also I see it does not include any milestones.  In any case, I think
it would be reasonable to hold off any such vote until some milestones
have been included.

I do not, however, think that giving 3 days for Council members to
object to any changes is necessarily sufficient for substantively
modifying a SC charter.

thanks

a.

Reference from approved plan for GNSO Improvements:

The GNSO Council must adopt the charter that initiates the work of the
steering
committees. This should be done by a motion for approval of a charter
which is
duly seconded and which receives a supermajority vote of Council members
present. The Council also must approve any material changes that are
made to
the work items or milestones or committee composition.  All such work
plans and
committee composition decisions, including termination of the steering
committees, will be done by a motion within the Council that is duly
seconded
and which receives a supermajority vote in compliance with the current
GNSO
Council voting guidelines ....