[council] Re: Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Mon Dec 15 17:58:04 UTC 2008

The approach Doug suggests (allocating "units" of people who get funded per
constituency rather than a budget) certainly would appear to simplify budget
calculation and handling issues for each constituency.

But the simpler solution proposed by Philip of funding a specific type of
expenditure (Philip suggests hotel fees for Counsellors) also has some
allure.

Overall, it does seem however that this issue is going back and forth but
not really making much headway. Sorry if that's a rather negative
impression, but as Tim Ruiz asked the other day: what now, how do we move
forward?

Stéphane Van Gelder