[council] Travel policy draft and other comments

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Dec 17 21:39:21 UTC 2008

Thanks Olga.  If as Doug seems to suggest that the travel support must be allocated on a head count basis based on airfare and/or per diem, what happens if the total head count cannot be evenly divided across constituencies or stakeholder groups in the future?  To use our current situation as an example, what happens if there are 10 full heads (airfare + per diem) funded for a given meeting; how would/could that be divided evenly across six constituencies?  It seems to me that it is likely that we would end up with partial airfare and/or per diem for some individuals: 10 fully funded heads divided by 6 = 1.67 heads per constituency; it becomes even more complicated if some only get airfare and others only get per diem, The end result in most cases is the same: constituencies would get partial amounts for airfare and/or per diem, which it appears ICANN will not support.

I hope I am not overly complicating this, but the proposal below combined with Doug's feedback does not seem to be feasible.

Chuck