[council] Motion regarding New gTLDs

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Dec 18 15:22:17 UTC 2008

Yes Terry, I believe it is. Because of the pent up demand for IDN TLDs, I believe that the first to market will have a huge competitive advantage.  Considering the fact that GNSO registrants subsidize the ccNSO and the fast track process, I think it would be wrong to do so to the detriment of GNSO registrants.  One example: In the case of IDN ccTLDs, if a global company wants to protect its brand, it would have to register in every IDN ccTLD; it would be much more effective to register an IDN gTLD.

Chuck