[council] ICANN Board resolution from meeting of 11 Dec 08

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri Dec 19 15:54:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

Please pardon me for asking a question here, I don't wish to inflame
the subject, but if a group of Independent Professional Registrants
who use their domain names to make their living but who are not
interested in domain names as a business per se (as is the case with
your 3 examples), wish to participate collectively in the GNSO, would
they be able to do so within the current BC structures and the future
non contracted parties CSG.

I have asked this question before and been told that these
professional registrants would not be interested.  And I am sure they
would not be interested to the level and scope as your current
individual members, but is there a place for such people to express
collective registrant concerns in the same way that non commercial
registrants want to collectively express their concerns.

And also, I wonder if the Board believes there is such a population of
individual commercial registrants (e.g. doctors, artists, engineers,
musicians and architects) that is not currently represented that
should be represented and are they seen as part of this exercise.

thanks

a.