[council] Domain tasting agenda item for Wednesday 13 Feb meeting.

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Feb 10 12:16:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

At today's meting we discussed the various possible outcomes for the
DNT on Wednesday.

We discussed the following possibilities:

1.  All of the bracketed text in the proposed motion could be resolved
and if all constituencies are ready for a vote and if the motion was
made and seconded, the council could vote on the motion in that
meeting.  Note: while there is no by-laws requirement for the amount
of time the (draft) final report report needs to be public before the
vote, I think that 3 days may be a bit short.

2. The motion could be tabled until our next meeting to allow for
further discussion among council members and within the constituencies.

3. The motion could be delayed until such time as updated impact
statements related to the motion, according to the terms of reference,
were collected from the constituencies.  If we choose this option we
will need to set a schedule for collecting these constituency impact
statements.

4. We could create an open working group to do further work.  In this
case we would need to create a charter for this working group.  One
suggestion for a WG would be to study the possible implementation
options, e.g. the maximum level of deletes for AGP applicability.

I would like to ask the constituencies during their meetings on
Tuesday to discus these options, and perhaps other possibilities they
wish to suggest, so that we can determine what path we wish to follow
at the Wednesday meeting.

Thanks

a.