Fwd: RE: [council] Response to ccNSO/GAC Issues report

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Mon Feb 11 03:39:35 UTC 2008

I also agree with Avri's suggestion, where others already consented.

At the table I was - and I later talking to people from another table - there
was opposition to the "One IDNccTLD per one script per one language
group": "their government should decide to choose just one."

I was surprised about the lack of sensitivity on the political/social/cultural
implications. I argued - as a example - saying that it would be highly
destructive in the presently tense situation, if the Malaysian government
would give preference to the Chinese over against the Indian ethnic sections
of the society by allocating only one IDNccTLD, but this was dismissed
as "not ICANN's problem."

Norbert

-