[council] ICANN POLICY UPDATE – 11 February 2008

Denise Michel denise.michel at icann.org
Tue Feb 12 08:28:59 UTC 2008

Attached are brief summaries of a number of Internet policy issues that are
being addressed in the ICANN community's bottom-up policy development
structure.  This update is provided by ICANN's Policy Staff in response to
community requests for periodic summaries of ICANN's policy work.  Links to
additional information are included in the attached document, and we
encourage you to go beyond these brief staff summaries and learn more about
the ICANN community's work.  Our goal is to maximize transparency and broad
community participation in ICANN's policy development activities.  We
continue to investigate more effective and efficient ways to communicate the
relevance, importance and status of ongoing issues to the ICANN community.
Comments and suggestions on how we can improve these efforts are most
welcome and should be sent to policy-staff at icann.org.  This update will be
posted on ICANN's website.

Regards,
Denise

Denise Michel
ICANN VP, Policy

ICANN POLICY UPDATE – 11 February 2008

CONTENTS:

1.   GNSO -- IMPROVEMENTS
2.   GNSO -- DOMAIN NAME TASTING
3.   GNSO -- WHOIS
4.   GNSO -- INTER-REGISTRY TRANSFER POLICY
5.   GNSO -- LEADERSHIP/ELECTION
6.   MULTIPLE ENTITIES -- IDN ccTLDs
7.   CCNSO -- IANA WORKING GROUP
8.   CCNSO -- PARTICIPATION WORKING GROUP
9.   CCNSO -- WORK PLAN
10.  CCNSO -- PHISHING SURVEY
11.  SSAC -- REPORTS AND STATEMENTS FOR NEW DELHI
12.  AT-LARGE -- APRALO PRIORITIES
13.  AT-LARGE -- NEW DELHI POLICY AGENDA
14.  AT-LARGE -- PARTICIPATION