[council] FW: ICANN travel funding

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Thu Feb 28 16:49:29 UTC 2008

ICANN funded travel costs for 60 staff for New Delhi - yes that is
SIXTY people.

It is amazing that it now won't fund participation of the GNSO policy
efforts.

I'm not complaining about the 60 staff that were in Delhi, no doubt
they were needed.

But participation of the GNSO is also needed for ICANN to be able to
continue to market itself as "bottom up", "community-driven", etc.
Otherwise, it is just empty rhetoric.

  - Robin

On Feb 27, 2008, at 2:49 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:

> Fyi.

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org