[council] Fwd: ccNSO response to GNSO resolution

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jan 21 17:05:10 UTC 2008

hi,

On 21 Jan 2008, at 17:35, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> 	•  Avri send a letter to Chris Dispain officially supporting the
> recommendation for a joint ccNSO/GNSO meeting in New Delhi.

when I wrote asking permission to fprward their letter to the GNSO
council, I also said(basd on the feedback I had already received):

>> The GNSO looks forward to your invitation to a joint meeting.

My next action was going to be to pass on the invitation to the
council list once I received it ad get the council's approval for
formal acceptance.  This can be done via the list if we wish.

> 	•   Avri send a letter to the ccNSO and to their comment site
> informing them that our response to the ccNSO/GAC Issues Paper on
> IDN ccTLDs (as requested by the Board) will not be completed until
> New Delhi and we respectfully request that our input be considered
> in the PDP.

I can do so if the council desires.  I have, however, sent in my own
personal response to the ccNSO comment site (mailed before I received
the ccNSO letter), and would suggest that as co-chair of the council
and chair of the group writing the response that you might be the
better source of this respectful request.  But, I am wiling to do so
if the council so choses.

> 	• We initiate a planning process for the joint meeting in New Delhi
> ASAP.

Once we receive the invitation, and know the conditions of the
invitation, e.g. open or closed, when, formal or informal etc, we
should certainly start doing so.  Also note that I have included
planning for that that as a major agenda item for our Sunday meeting
in ND.

Thanks

a.