[council] Updated statements of interest from K. Rosette and M. Rodenbaugh

GNSO.SECRETARIAT@GNSO.ICANN.ORG gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
Wed Jan 30 18:42:20 UTC 2008

Dear Council members,

Kristina Rosette and Mike Rodenbaugh have updated their statements of
interest as may be viewed at:
http://www.gnso.icann.org/council/soi/rosette-soi-29jan08.shtml
http://www.gnso.icann.org/council/soi/rodenbaugh-statement.htm

Kristina Rosette
North America representative, Intellectual Property Constituency
Updated January 29, 2008

I am employed as a Special Counsel by Covington & Burling LLP
Covington), a general practice law firm with over 600 lawyers in five
offices in three countries. I am resident in Covington’s Washington, DC
office and am a member of the District of Columbia bar.

I specialize in Internet and trademark matters, and represent trademark
owner clients in connection with such matters. Among my
responsibilities, I develop and implement offensive and defensive domain
name registration, Internet monitoring, and enforcement strategies;
reclaim domain names through negotiation, arbitration (under the UDRP,
.biz STOP, and .mobi Sunrise Challenge policies, thus far), and
litigation; and advise clients on the use of keywords and sponsored
links. In connection with advising firm clients of generally noteworthy
trademark- or Internet-related developments, I have also provided
information and updates on domain name system developments (e.g.,
posting of reports for public comment, announcements of new policies
such as the Domain Name Transfer Policy, .eu Sunrise requirements). All
such communications have been, and will continue to be, based solely on
publicly available information and documents. From time to time, I
register or acquire in my own name domain names for firm clients. I am
currently the registrant of several domain names, both on behalf of firm
clients and in an individual capacity. From time to time and as
circumstances warrant, I have completed and submitted Whois Data Problem
Reports on behalf of firm clients.

I have been a member of the Registration Practice and DNS Administration
Subcommittee of the International Trademark Association's Internet
Committee since 2004, and chair the Subcommittee for the 2008-2009 term.

I have determined that Covington does not represent ICANN and does not
represent any clients in matters in which ICANN is an adverse party.
Covington did represent the International Cooperative Alliance in
connection with the formation and establishment of DotCooperation LLC,
the .coop registry operator, but that matter has been closed for some
time. I have also determined that Covington neither represents any gTLD
or sTLD registry operator in matters relating to its capacity as a
registry operator nor represents any client in matters adverse to such
registry operators as registry operators. Based on the responses to my
inquiries, Covington does not represent any ccTLD registry operator in
its capacity as a registry operator nor does it represent any client in
matters adverse to any ccTLD registry operators as registry operators.
To the best of my knowledge, Covington does not represent any
ICANN-accredited registrar in its capacity as a registrar nor does it
represent any firm client in a matter adverse to a registrar as
registrar. From time to time, Covington has represented firm clients in
intellectual property matters adverse to registrars, and it is likely to
do so periodically in the future. I have not been directly involved in
such matters. A firm client is an ICANN-accredited registrar, but
Covington does not represent it in such matters. It is possible that
other firm clients may be ICANN-accredited registrars, but, if so,
Covington does not represent them in such matters.

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen
--