[council] Motions re Domain Tasting

Adrian Kinderis adrian at ausregistry.com.au
Mon Mar 3 03:57:11 UTC 2008

Mike,

I have a few issues with what you have suggested but will wait for the
Registrar Constituency's response prior to proposing them.

That said, I am not sure I understand Part 3 of your motion and would
like some clarification.

I am of the opinion that once the Board decides on supporting a request
or a policy, that it becomes a "Board policy". Why are we instructing
staff to report back to the GNSO council? Surely the Board would want to
grapple with the effectiveness and implications arising out of the
policy "they" implemented. It is up to them, I would think, to set the
parameters of measurement.

I could be wrong, but I thought that we, as the GNSO Council were to
suggest policy and provide background to enable the ICANN Board to make
informed decisions. It is the ICANN Board that makes policy and reviews
the effectiveness of those decisions.

Is it our job to get ICANN staff to report to us on matters of the
Board?

Also, can you please provide some clarity around "the Design Team"
(perhaps just to remind me again). Who were the members exactly and how
did you arrive at the motion? How was consensus for the actual wording
reached?

Thanks for this and sorry if I am backtracking unnecessarily.

Regards,

Adrian Kinderis
Chief Executive Officer
AusRegistry International Pty Ltd
Level 8, 10 Queens Road
Melbourne. Victoria Australia. 3004
Ph: +61 3 9866 3710
Fax: +61 3 9866 1970
Email: adrian at ausregistry.com
Web: www.ausregistryinternational.com

The information contained in this communication is intended for the
named recipients only. It is subject to copyright and may contain
legally privileged and confidential information and if you are not an
intended recipient you must not use, copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error,
please delete all copies from your system and notify us immediately.