[council] Some initial thoughts on Working Groups

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Mar 6 12:51:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

Attached is a brief set of notes on considerations for forming WGs.
This is the deliverable that was discussed briefly at our Thursday
meeting in ND.  It is my personal opinion formed from participation in
and chair of many working groups, and similar groups, over the years.
as such it has no status other then as a suggestion for a possible
point from which to start conversations.   I am sure there are more
considerations then what I have included and I am also sure that there
are many ways of looking at this issue that I have not touched upon.

I believe that we will need to spend some time on our plans to dealing
with the GNSO restructuring at our next meeting on 27 March.  At that
time I will suggest that we form a standing Committee to work on
guidelines  for WGs.  Perhaps this Standing Committee will also be
able to deal with the questions on PDP as they are fundamentally
linked with WGs.

In any case this draft is not for discussion at today's (6 March)
meeting and is meant as one starting place for the discussion we, the
GNSO community and the ICANN community at large need to engage in.

thanks

a.