[council] Information for the Face to Face discussion in LA

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Mar 31 19:48:34 UTC 2008

Dear Denise and Kurt, ,

I wanted to reiterate a request from our last meeting that was carried
over from before the New Delhi meeting for copies of the
implementation notes that the staff have been providing to the Board
relating to the recommendation made by the council for new gTLDs.   I
understood that these notes would be made available once  some
confidential information contained in those reports had been redacted.

It is especially important that the council members get these
materials, plus any specific materials related to the meeting as soon
as possible so that there may be time for council members to discuss
within their constituencies whatever issues it is that the staff will
be broaching with those in attendance.    I have been given to
understand that there are some issues that the staff needs to consult
with the council on, but as this point have no idea what the questions
are to be.  Having a list of the issues to be discussed as soon as
possible is also important in informing any other constituency members
and community members who might be interested in attending these
meetings as observers.

Thank you

Avri Doria