[council] Agenda Items for Joint Meeting with the ccNSO

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue May 20 20:36:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

We have a joint meeting with the ccNSO planned for 26 June in Paris.
ths is a SO-SO meeting.  Not exactly sure yet how this is going to be
organized, but we ned to work out an agenda.

I assume that we will want to talk about the Fast Track and perhaps
other issues.  Suggestions are welcome.  My first thoughts would
center around subjects such as;

- Meaning of non-controversial in the the Fast Track process.
Currently the scope of non-controversial is limited to within a
region.  This scope and its implication is perhaps worth talking about.

- The idea of an objection process or some other mechanism for
allowing questions to be raised during the fast track if an
application from a territory seems problematic to the GSNO or one of
its constituencies or members.

- Technical, operational and other conditions in  fast track
approval.  Are there any parallels between the IDN ccTLD fast track
process and the IDN gTLD process?

I welcome other suggestions.  I would think 3 or 4 topics would
probably be sufficient.

Thanks

a.