[council] Proposed draft schedule for GNSO Chair and Vice Chair elections

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Fri Nov 7 16:01:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for this sentiment.  And yes, if the council is willing to have
me serve a while longer I am willing to do so.

However;

We did talk about it some.  The ICANN by-laws require a yearly
election and it seems easier to hold that election whether it is one
candidate or more.  Getting a waiver or a change in the by-laws may be
over kill at this point.

Once we have changes in the new by-laws and have defined the election
of a chair for the bi-cameral and have seated the new council, it
seems reasonable that at this point the council would hold elections
and upon election of a new chair, any current chair from the old
system would be replaced.

So my recommendation in the meeting was that we hold elections as
normal and then hold elections again once we have the new council mid
year.

In terms of myself, if nominated, I will stand again knowing that the
by-laws will change under the new system and that another election
will occur during the year.  Since my term as a council member ends at
the end of the annual meeting of 2009, I will not be standing for
election once the bi-cameral system is put into place (assuming I am
not replaced before then under a more rapid suggestion of NCA exchange).

a.