[council] Fwd: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Proposed way forward

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Oct 1 11:51:38 UTC 2008

Hi,

Last week, Mike O'Connor, stepped down as chair of the Fast Flux PDP
WG in a surprise note to the FF PDP WG mailing list .  The group is at
a critical juncture and, hopefully, coming to a close on its efforts
to produce a report.  While I do not expect this report to make policy
recommendations that are necessarily ready for a final PDP vote, it
will represent a substantive point where the Council will have enough
information to take decisions about next steps.  My concern, and that
of several people I talked to, was that if the WG did not finish this
report, the work of the last months would be lost.

After various conversations, this is the path I am recommending.  At
our meeting on 16 Ocober, I will be asking the Council to enodrse my
taking this role and following the recommended path.  I did speak to
Mike R. about which of us should take the chair role, and we agreed
that in this case I should take it.    I am hoping he will remain in
the role of Council Liaison for this WG.  I have no intention of
remaining chair of this WG beyond the completion of the report and any
possible renewal of the charter.  Should the council decide to renew
the charter, we will need to recruit a new chair.

A last note, I believe this event has taught us some things about the
running of WGs in the GNSO.  I am hoping we can capture this
information in the proposed GNSO Policy Process Steering Committee
(PPSC) if it is approved.

thanks

a.

Begin forwarded message: