[council] Impovements plan - a comment on the compositon of the OSC

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Oct 10 16:18:02 UTC 2008

Mike,

The RyC has specifically defined membership: members have to have a
registry agreement with ICANN.  It does not make sense to use the RyC as
an example for a user constituency.  At the same time, what if there are
a bunch of new city gTLDs that want to form their own constituency.  As
long as they can show that there is strong interest from the city gTLD
operators and that they have a plan for representing them, then fine.

There are tens of thousands of solo attorneys around the world.  So 20
solo attorneys wanting to form a constituency would need to show that
there is reasonable interest from the broader community of solo
attorneys and they have a plan for representing them.

Chuck