[council] Motion on Whois studies

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Oct 18 16:38:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

While putting together the agenda for the Cairo week, I was wondering
whether there was any chance we would be in position to take a vote on
a motion to request funding information on studies.

If so, we need to have a draft of the motion on the table as soon as
possible for people to consider and discuss with their
constituencies.  I know a lot of work is still ongoing in some of the
constituencies, but this activity has been pending a while and we are
overdue on our schedule.  At the very least we need a definitive view
of where we are in the process and a clear schedule of when we will
take the next step.

I have assigned some prominence to the item on the schedule in the
expectation that we work to do it.

Thanks

a.