[council] Making Council less crazy

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Sep 30 21:32:56 UTC 2008

Mike, personally, I don't agree that the GNSO opinion on scope should
have equal weight, but that's a different issue. I do recognize that the
bylaws allow the GNSO to initiate a PDP even if Staff Counsel's opinion
is that it's out of scope. However, it requires a higher threshold of
approval by the Council.

That's a big reason why I (and perhaps other Councilors) would like to
know the Staff Counsel's opinion on scope before moving forward with the
full issues report.

Tim