[council] PEDNR Motion

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Apr 2 18:16:47 UTC 2009

Alan,

The purpose of PDPs is to develop policy not work on contractual terms. The result of policy development work may impact registry or registrar contracts but that is not the purpose and to focus directly on contractual terms diverts from that purpose.

I agree with you that the process should be to find the best possible resolution to the issues defined in the SoW but that doesn't require any reference to the RRA.  Moreover, the Council has another work effort that focuses on RAA issues so there really isn't need to mix the two.  If any resolution recommended affects RAA work, so be it, but that does not need to be a goal because that is too broad and could unnecessarily expand the scope of a PDP.

Chuck