[council] Bylaws changes and the PDP was RE: Draft Revisions to the ICANN Bylaws Relating to GNSO Restructure

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Apr 5 16:10:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

Having the lawyers, both ICANN's and those of the contracted parties
discuss this is probably a good idea.

>From a naive non legal perspective, I would expect that while the basic
steps that must be taken as well as the consultations, transparency and
voting thresholds, should be defined in by-laws, things like timing,
methods and possible additional steps (e.g. do we do a research project
and do we do it before or after constituting a WG) could be left to
operating rules or the council.

a.