[council] Follow-Up to the e-Crime and Abuse of the DNS Forum in Mexico City

Margie Milam Margie.Milam at icann.org
Thu Apr 9 03:09:59 UTC 2009

Dear All,

We would like to thank the  ICANN Community for its  participation in the e-Crime and Abuse of the DNS Forum  that took place during the 34th ICANN Meeting in Mexico City.   We greatly appreciate the information that was shared during the Break-Out Sessions and the Q&A.   The Forum was very well-received and was effective in communicating the complex issues faced by those in the Community tackling this multifaceted subject.

To continue the dialogue in the Community, ICANN has posted additional information on the e-Crime Forum and recommendations from the Break-out Sessions held in conjunction with the e-Crime Forum on the following topics:

ccTLDs and Law Enforcement
Protecting Consumers in New and Existing TLDs
The Role of ICANN in Responding to e-Crime
E-Crime in Latin America

 We invite you to review at your convenience the summary of the e-Crime and Abuse of the DNS Forum at the link below.

http://mex.icann.org/node/3638

We also would like to receive feedback and suggestions from the Community on whether follow-up sessions would be appropriate at the 35th ICANN Meeting to be held in Sydney June 21-26.    We have already received suggestions for additional  in-depth sessions on ccTLDs and Law Enforcement,  and on protecting consumers from e-Crime and DNS abuse.    If you believe that it is  important  to continue to address this topic in  Sydney, please reply by Friday, April 17th with your thoughts on the format, topics, and other ideas for additional sessions on this topic.

Thank you for your assistance in this regard.

Best regards,

Margie Milam
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN