[council] Travel funds needed for Sydney

Olga Cavalli olgac at fibertel.com.ar
Mon Apr 13 20:33:46 UTC 2009

Hi,
as background information for our next confrence call in relation with
travel funds needed for Sydney, these are the answers recieved from
constituencies:

   - ISPCP needs support for three reps and supports the use of DNSO residue
   funds.
   - NCUC intends to use its remaining slot and would need additional
   funding to ensure fuller non-commercial participation in Sydney. They
   support the use of residual DNSO funds.
   - IPC intends to use the 3.5 travel supported slots, and may wish to have
   additional support to facilitate presentations and discussion on the IRT
   output.  They support the use of residual DNSO funds.
   - BC requires travel support for all three reps. They use of DNSO residue
   funds.
   -  RyC requests full travel funding for one person to attend and
   participate in the ICANN Sydney meetings in June 2009. For the funding
   associated with the remaining three slots allocated to the RyC for the
   current fiscal year, the RyC recommends any FY09 travel funds allocated to
   the RyC left over at the end of June be rolled over to FY10 for use by the
   RyC for future travel needs for GNSO activities.    Regarding the use of
   DNSO funds still remaining on ICANN books, the RyC believes that a good use
   of those funds for the benefit of the whole community in the long term would
   be to use them for improving the capacity for remote participation in an
   effective manner and thereby minimizes the heavy dependence on in-person
   participation.  We believe that this would scale much better and be a much
   more fiscally responsible approach over the longer term than continuing to
   try to subsidize travel expenses for what likely will be a growing need of
   GNSO participants in the future.

In relation with this feedback I have updated our table for travel funds:

*Updated table of travel funds for GNSO Council*

*Total Available*

*Remaining for*

*Requested for Sydney*

*Remaining*

*Constituencies*

*Per Year*

*Sydney*

* *

* *

NCUC

5

1

0,5+0,5=1

0

ISPC

5

1

2,5

-1,5

RyC

5

4

1

3

BC

5

1

3

-2

RrC

5

2

2

0

IPC

5

3.5

 -

 -

*Total*

*30*

*12.5*

* 9,5*

*-3,5 + 3*

The previous version of the table was:

*Updated table of travel funds for GNSO Council*

*Cairo*

*Mexico City*

*Total per*

*Total Available*