[council] Motion on next round of IRTP issues to address

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Apr 14 20:38:21 UTC 2009

Makes sense. Accepted as friendly.

Tim

  -------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [council] Motion on next round of IRTP issues to address
From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes at verisign.com>
Date: Tue, April 14, 2009 1:46 pm
To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim at godaddy.com>, "GNSO Council "
<council at gnso.icann.org>

Tim,

I would like to request what I think is a friendly amendment to this
motion.

Change the intro to the resolve section:

From: "Pursuant to section 1.b of Annex A of ICANN's Bylaws, that the
GNSO Council initiate the formal GNSO Policy Development Process by
requesting the creation of an issues report on the following issues:"

To: "Pursuant to section 1.b of Annex A of ICANN's Bylaws, that the GNSO
Council requests the creation of an issues report on the following
issues:"

The previous wording was accurate, but I am concerned that it could
easily be misunderstood to mean that we are initiating a PDP. As you
know, we are only requesting an issues report and once the issues report
is complete, we will decide whether to initiate a PDP. My rewording is
simply intended to avoid any confusion in this regard.

Chuck