[council] Formal Petition and Charter of Proposed New Consumers Constituency

Robert Hoggarth robert.hoggarth at icann.org
Wed Apr 15 01:19:21 UTC 2009

Dear GNSO Council Members;

For your information, attached please find a copy of the Formal Petition and Charter package of the proposed new Consumers Constituency submitted formally today by Beau Brendler of Consumer Reports/Web Watch.

This is now the second formal new constituency petition submitted to the Board in the context of the GNSO Improvements effort. The Staff will soon open a 30-day Public Comment Forum regarding the Petition.  Any comments submitted in the Forum will be summarized for the community and Board's review.

I will also be sending a copy of the submission to the GNSO's Constituency leaders list.  The document is now also posted on the GNSO Improvements web page at http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/newco-process-en.htm .

Please drop me a line if you have any questions or comments on this matter.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth

Robert L. Hoggarth, Esq.
Senior Policy Director