[council] Formal Petition and Charter of Proposed IDNgTLD Constituency

Robert Hoggarth robert.hoggarth at icann.org
Tue Apr 21 22:09:04 UTC 2009

Dear Avri:

Your general assumption about timing is correct.  Your questions otherwise assume a level of planning and control that does not exist.  Staff has been handling the various new constituencies as they have come along (i.e., a rolling basis). So far there have been four serious expression of interest. While three proponents have worked to get before the Board as soon as possible, the other has taken a less expedited approach to the process.

I think the timing and pace of the more recent proponents (IDNgTLDs and Consumers) has been faster because they have had previous examples to build on (CyberSafety). The City TLD group is the only one that has yet to submit its formal petition and charter.

Staff is currently unaware of any other serious proponents who are considering stepping forward.

Best,

Rob Hoggarth