[council] Additional topic and motion for this weeks agenda

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Aug 14 12:57:05 UTC 2009

I personally think it is fine and appropriate to ask each Councilor to
declare whether or not they would be affected by a given vote.  In the
case of this motion, it seems like it might be reasonable for each of us
to simply state how we would be impacted.  Going beyond that though,
could get overly complicated and could put the Council or Staff into an
enforcement role for which I do not believe we are well suited or
qualified.

The RyC has always supported the idea of funding for individuals who
have a financial need. The majority of the Council supported funding on
a broader basis than that and it may not be a good use of time to
revisit that issue.

Chuck