[council] Re: DOODLE / GNSO Council Restructuring drafting team / next call

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Aug 18 09:45:46 UTC 2009

I¹m taking this to the Council list because, although Adrian responded to a
restructuring DT message, he makes a point which I feel we absolutely must
address.

I fully understand his reluctance to participate in calls in the middle of
the night (Australian time). Our duties as GNSO Councillors already take up
a huge amount of time and effort which detracts us from our ³normal² working
lives and I don¹t think anyone can be expected to stay up for meetings
during at nights or the wee hours of the morning.

This is obviously a bigger problem for Asia Pac reps as our meeting times
are manageable for Europe or the USA. But it is a problem for the Council as
a whole nonetheless, as these are Councillors which are often unable to
carry out their duties as much as they would like.

I don¹t have a solution to this oft discussed problem, but I just wanted to
add my voice of support to Adrian and Councillors who find themselves in the
same bind - as long as this support doesn¹t lead to meetings being scheduled
at times which are convenient to them but not to us of course ;-)

Stéphane