[council] Motion To Approve Tool Kit of Services Recommendations for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder Groups

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Dec 4 05:38:13 UTC 2009

Hello All,

>>  Because actual implementation of the toolkit has budgetary
implications, the implementation steps for staff to take as we see them
are to:  1.  Determine the cost of the services; 2. Determine what funds
might be available; 3. Prioritize the list of services; 4. Develop
specifications for providing the services; and 5. Notify the GNSO
organizations of the services and specifications.

Just a comment on the budget cycle.

ICANN approves an annual budget on a 1 July to 30 June basis.   So it
would be useful for the GNSO Council to coordinate with staff on the
budget implications for the 2010/2011 year starting on 1 July 2010 with
respect to the cost of services for GNSO Constituencies and Stakeholder
groups.

Once the budget is set - I agree with others that there would be
dialogue between staff and the GNSO Council with respect to prioritising
the available resources (including staff labour and any travel funds)
for the GNSO in any given year.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin