[council] AW: [gnso-ppsc-pdp] Support for a PDP Work Team Face to Face Meeting

KnobenW at telekom.de KnobenW at telekom.de
Thu Dec 10 10:20:31 UTC 2009

Liz,

That fully meets my expectation, too. I was also uncertain about the
procedure which body should decide upon. Since relevant pro and con
arguments have lengthly been exchanged and lay on the table in written
form I think it's time to finish this story now by a council decision on
a related motion. Chuck, if you agree, I'll draft that motion and will
send it to you tomorrow (after an ISPCP call) for further appropriate
discussion on council level. In case the council will discuss and take a
vote I would suggest to put it on the agenda as a dedicated item, not
under AOB.

Mike: With great respect to your opinion I must say that I can't see any
intention or indication to qualify any WT's work in terms of more or
less importance. It may be just the same signal to be sent when we'll
set council's priorities - which btw is already an ongoing task. In this
respect I would allocate a higher priority rank to all "framing" work
the results of which shall be to some extent serve as a prerequisite for
other important work. To my understanding the PDP gives a basic frame
for council work. That's why it is given special reference to in the
bylaws.
I would appreciate very much if you could join my suggestion on dealing
with the matter next council meeting and bring up your arguments to this
occasion.

Best regards

Wolf-Ulrich

Dear everyone

Whilst the commentary on who should go, why, for how much and what for
is interesting, where is the decision about whether the F2F meeting is
actually  happening or not?  Valuable work time is being wasted when
this is a simple administrative matter to be decided by the Council (I
think it's the Council?)

The proposed dates are rapidly approaching and people either need to
allocate the time to those proposed days or not.

Who makes that decision and when will it be made?   Somebody, please
make an appropriate motion, vote on it and get done with it.

Liz