[council] FW: Support for a PDP Work Team Face to Face Meeting

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Fri Dec 11 16:57:11 UTC 2009

Considering the timing issues highlighted by Jeff in his request, I think Council should make an exception and discuss it at the next meeting.

We should also be mindful of the precedent any decision the Council takes on this (whether for or against) will set.

I am worried about the risk of generating multiple requests for F2F meetings from groups if we come out in favor of this request.

I am also worried about the apparent dysfunctional nature of the PPSC that is being described here. If it is true that the PPSC has spent its last 3 teleconferences discussing its need for a F2F meeting, then this is a clear example of the system treading on its own head. If this really is the case, and I've also seen Jeff lament the lack of participation from his group (and once again, all credit to Jeff for his job as chair), then I think Council needs to call the PPSC to account before even considering any F2F meeting requests from one of the PPSC subgroups.

It may be that the PPSC needs Council's help or guidance in becoming a functional group again. And that may be the first order of business for us in any PPSC discussion.

Thanks,

Stéphane