[council] Request for adding chairs to Council list

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Sat Dec 12 15:09:59 UTC 2009

I'm not sure about this. The Council list is already public so there
isn't any reason WG Chairs, or anyone else, cannot follow what's going
on. Adding them to the Council list would allow them to post to it, but
is that really necessary? It has come up a few times recently, but I
don't recall that as a huge problem overall.

If we add WG/WT Chairs, what about Constituency and SG Chairs and
ExComs? Seems to me this could be a slippery slope that ends up with a
lot of traffic on the list that hinders Councilor communication more
than it helps. It also adds a level of complexity to maintaining the
list.

Not objecting yet. Just trying to think it through.

Tim