[council] Draft Agenda for New gTLD meeting 16 Jan

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Jan 12 16:29:10 UTC 2009

Hi

Based on what I have heard spoken of so far, the following is a  draft
agenda for the New gTLD meeting on 15 January.

1 - Discuss areas at variance with GNSO policy principles,
recommendations and guidelines.  Possible areas include, i.a.:

     -  Principle G: Do the review criteria infringe on freedom of
expression
     -  Recommendation 1: Are the price levels discriminatory?
     -  Recommendation 2:  Extent of confusing similarity
      - Recommendation 5: Reserved names issues
         - geographic
          - 2 char IDN
     - Recommendation 17: what is the clear compliance and sanctions
process?
     - IG B: Recommended cost based fees with different applicants
paying different fees.  Are these fees really cost based? Are some
applicants subsidizing other applicants?
     - IG F:  Board resolution process was recommended instead of
Auction
     - IG O: Are there any plans for a fee reduction schedule for gTLS
applicants from economies classified as least developed?
     - Others?

2 - Discuss the motions we passed vis a vis new gTLDs
    - introducion of idn tlds
    - Implementation guideline (IG) E

3 - Discuss the comments received

4 - Discuss follow-up process to this meeting