[council] RAA amendment process

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Tue Jan 13 17:03:30 UTC 2009

This is close enough to the reasons I abstained that I won't quibble
with it (other than to note that I do believe it was a flawed process).

I would also note that I did not believe the follow up motion was
sufficiently specific and definite and would have voted against it on
that ground.

As for the amendment process, I did understand that it was not a
Capital-C "Consensus Policy" within the picket fence.  I, however,
thought that the entire point of going through the 2/3 majority vote
process was to avoid the piecemeal amendment-upon-renewal process.  I
haven't gone back to listen to the recording of our Thursday wrap up
session in Cairo, but that's the understanding I had after that
presentation by Kurt.