[council] Re: Board Resolution on individual users

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Jan 20 10:45:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

To be honest in reading this, I still don't know if the so called
'all-GNSO' (1 rep from each SG or constituency + observer from GAC)
approach I suggested, with the addition of the representatives of the
potential new constituencies is the right answer.  It seems to indicate
that if that is what the council wanted to do, that would be ok.  It
also seems to indicate that if it was only NCUC participants, that would
be ok too or some solution in between (e.g. 3 NCUC and 1 from each of
the other houses  ...).  If I read correctly it also would allow a
solution that opened it up to any 'interested parties' to self identify
and participate in the dialogue.  The only sine qua non is that it
include representatives of those groups wanting to form constituencies
and ALAC.

We have heard from the NCUC chair, council reps and others that the only
appropriate interested GNSO parties are from the NCUC.  I would like to
hear from some of the rest of the councilors to determine what path we
should take.

As the deadline is soon, I think that ALAC is starting along the path as
was suggested earlier while waiting for the GNSO Council to decide what
it wants to do.  They are very concerned with having at least some
answer - at least methodology and a request for more time -  by the
deadline.

thanks

a.