[council] RE: [gnso-ppsc] Motion for PPSc charter

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Jan 20 21:07:58 UTC 2009

Borrowing heavily from the OSC motion, I make the following motion
regarding the most recent version of the PPSC charter:

Whereas:

The GNSO Council reviewed and accepted the new GNSO Improvements
Implementation Plan developed by the Planning Team at its 16 October
meeting.

That Plan called for the creation of a Policy Process Steering Committee
(PPSC) to oversee efforts to revise and enhance the GNSO’s Policy
Development Process.

The PPSC was formed and held three teleconference meetings and conducted
various online discussions as of 7 January 2009.

The PPSC reviewed and modified the draft PPSC Charter prepared by the
GNSO Improvements Planning Team and recommends that the Council approve
the revised draft Charter dated 7 January 2009 and contained at the
committee’s wiki site at
https://st.icann.org/icann-ppsc/index.cgi?policy_process_steering_committee_ppsc.

Resolve:

The GNSO Council approves the PPSC Charter and directs the PPSC to
proceed in fulfilling the terms of that Charter.

Tim