[council] Updated Motion to Approve OSC Charter

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Jan 21 23:37:44 UTC 2009

Attached and copied below is an updated motion that I am hereby making
for approval of the OSC Charter in our 29 January Council meeting.

Chuck

Whereas:

*	The GNSO Council reviewed and accepted the new GNSO Improvements
Implementation Plan
<http://www.icann.org/en/topics/gnso-improvements/gnso-improvements-impl
ementation-plan-16oct08.pdf>  [PDF, 96K] developed by the Planning Team
at its 16 October meeting.
*	That Plan called for the creation of an Operations Steering
Committee (OSC) to oversee efforts to enhance the GNSO's structure,
constituencies, and communications.
*	The OSC was formed and held six teleconference meetings and
conducted various online discussions as of 21 January 2009.
*	The OSC reviewed and modified the draft OSC Charter prepared by
the GNSO Improvements Planning Team and recommended that the Council
approve the revised draft Charter dated 22 Dec 08.
*	The Council discussed the charter in its 8 January 2009 meeting
and two Councilors suggested edits.
*	All OSC members except one, who did not participate in the list
discussion, approved the charter with the proposed edits as found at
https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_o
sc
<https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_
osc> .

Resolve:

*	The GNSO Council approves the OSC Charter and directs the OSC to
proceed in fulfilling the terms of that Charter.