[council] WHOIS motion from the Whois drafting team for Council consideration

Liz Gasster liz.gasster at icann.org
Thu Jan 29 17:44:30 UTC 2009

All,

Attached and posted on the WHOIS discussion workspace is the draft motion that the WHOIS studies drafting team has prepared for Council consideration.  (This is not for action on today's Council call).
See: https://st.icann.org/gnso-council/index.cgi?whois_references

Although not noted in the attached, staff has a concern about Study Group E (studies 3 and 20), which involve RAA provision 3.7.7.3.  Staff does not believe the studies can be conducted as described in the attached, and we have drafted alternative language that we think could be the subject of a study of the relevant provision.  I can elaborate at the appropriate time, but I wanted to flag our concern as this language is circulating.

Thanks, Liz