[council] GNSO Constituency Survey - Final Report

Robert Hoggarth robert.hoggarth at icann.org
Fri Jan 30 20:51:53 UTC 2009

Dear GNSO Council, Constituency Leaders and Operations Steering Committee Members;

As you will recall, we launched a GNSO Constituency Survey at the start of the Cairo Meeting and concluded it, after a two week extension, on 14 December 2008.  The survey was designed to collect constituency input in the following four specific areas highlighted in the Board's Report on GNSO Improvements:

(1)   Developing a standardized "Toolkit" of services;

(2)   Creating a centralized membership registry or database;

(3)   Knowledge/skill training for leaders and members; and

(4)   Recruiting/outreach programs associated with constituency growth and expansion.

Attached, as promised, is a comprehensive final report of the survey's findings which covers who, what, when, why, and how as well as summarizing each question and an initial set of observations/conclusions that can be drawn from participant responses.

Our original intention was to provide this input to the Operations Steering Committee's (OSC) Work Team chartered to develop recommendations in these disciplines.  We hope the team will find the materials helpful in their deliberations.  Thanks to everyone's active engagement in this effort, especially those who helped with testing and many of you who personally participated in the survey.  The planning worked out well in that we hoped to have this product available on or about the time that the Work Team commenced deliberations.  Many thanks to Ken Bour for leading the effort to develop the survey, marshalling it forward and preparing the final report.

We will post the report on the GNSO Improvements Information Web Portal ( http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/ ) as well as the OSC's Wiki page ( https://st.icann.org/icann-osc/index.cgi?operations_steering_committee_osc ).   A courtesy copy of this report will also be sent to the survey respondents not on this circulation list along with our "thanks" for their participation.

If you have any questions about this report or any other aspect of the survey, please email me.

Regards,

Rob Hoggarth

Senior Policy Director
ICANN