[council] Council meeting today

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Thu Jul 9 18:19:50 UTC 2009

Mike's email is a timely reminder (for me at any rate) of a pressing issue
upon which the Council must vote: the bylaws.

As I stated earlier in the week, I too will be unable to attends tonight's
meeting. However, I have a slightly different take on the bylaws vote than
Mike. My understanding is that the official comment period hasn't started
yet, and can only start once the document is approved by the Council. If
this is indeed the case, then we must be looking to approve it asap. I
submitted an earlier version of the document to my constituency and it did
not elicit any response. Nor have any subsequent modifications to the
document, which have been made public on the GNSO Council list. I would
therefore consider that my constituency does not object to this document and
feel that I am in a position to vote for, should there be proxy voting on
this issue.

Thanks,

Stéphane