[council] Council meeting today

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Jul 9 19:17:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

The idea is to vote on this, and any amendments - had there been any,
today.

The public comment period is for the Board, not for the Council.  rob
will explain the process at the beginning of the meeting.

I asked the ICANN counsel whether the ByLaw permitted absentee ballot
in this case and was told: no.

It will never be more complete then it is now until after the Board
votes on it at the end of the month.

As I understand it, the Board thinks that the clause on Board
elections does not need to be in the ByLaws.  But if we leave it in,
then they will fill it in later.

Thank you for your vote, unfortunately I cannot record it.

Thanks

a.