[council] Council meeting today

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Jul 9 19:21:32 UTC 2009

On 9 Jul 2009, at 14:49, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

> Given that we are in the middle of the comment period, I recommend
> that we defer a vote until after the public comment period closes so
> that we have an opportunity to read and act upon those comments
> (and, hopefully, have a complete document by that time, too).  If
> the vote will proceed today, I will abstain.

As I pointed out in the previous message, the comment period is for
the Board's vote on 31 July.  The council's vote is really just an
advisory to the SIc and the Board of what the council feels about the
By Law changes as the By Laws do not require the GNSO Council to
approve By Law changes, even if they relate to the GNSO.  We can
request By Law changes, and we can indicate whether we agree with
proposed changes or not, but the GNSO Council does not have a formal
role in the process.

a.