[council] Regarding voting rules for conflict of interest - proxies

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Jul 15 02:10:56 UTC 2009

Bruce,

I agree with you that we should consider additional special situations
with regard to voting, but we will probably have to deal with them after
we get finished with the huge current workload.

Regarding your last point, don't you think that a Councilor who is
voting per the instructions of his/her constituency should be able to
vote even if he/she may have a personal conflict of interest?  It
doesn't seem to me that a constituency (or in the future a stakeholder
group) should lose a vote because their elected councilor has a personal
conflict of interest.

Chuck