[council] Regarding voting rules for conflict of interest - proxies

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Wed Jul 15 14:20:45 UTC 2009

I think you are correct Tim.  I believe a GNSO conflict policy will have to be somewhat different than the Board's for the reaons you cite.  In my opinion, the most important thing is declaration of possible conflicts.  I don't personally think, especially in the GNSO, that possible conflicts should necessarily require recusal from voting and I definitely do not believe that possible conflicts should preclude participation.

Chuck