[council] Registry Operators et al

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Jul 16 02:38:08 UTC 2009

Hello Chuck,

> The only
> option that seems to me to have any potential is developing a way to
> encourage participation of new groups without requiring them to be in
> constituencies; maybe this is worth further focus.

This was essentially what gave rise to the formation of working groups
within the new gTLD process.  The IDN working group was opened to allow
participation from community members that were not members of existing
constituencies.   This occurred after a public forum run by the GNSO
Council where several people came to the microphone claiming that they
had either been refused membership at a particular constituency, or did
not feel that there was a constituency that they could join.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin