[council] Names for the ACSO meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Jun 12 04:55:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

No real reason NCAs can't speak from their own experience.

It is just with only 3 seats, which I asked to have extended to 4
because of the SGs, I am trying for maximum representation. Especially
these days when the people in SGs are involved in a lot of interactive
work with the Board, the SIC and the Policy Staff in addition to the
standard policy work with items like constituency and stakeholder
group charters, I thought it would be good for them to have a maximum
opportunity to discuss these issues.

Also you were on the panel last year and while there is no requirement
that it be different people, I personally think getting some different
people to speak is almost always a good thing - not that everyone
wasn't really good last year.

One thing, an aspect that was added this year is that after the
meting, a brief one page summary of the meeting will be posted, with
the transcript and people will be invited to comment using the
standard ICANN comment mechanisms.  So we will all have a chance to
speak from our own experience.

thanks
a.