[council] Old DNSO funds and this year's travel.

Stéphane Van Gelder stephane.vangelder at indom.com
Tue Mar 24 14:25:29 UTC 2009

Chuck,

I don't think that's what the drafting team is saying. All we've said is
that slots should be allocated to the constituencies so that they are all
able to fund their councillors fully if they want. It's then up to each
constituency how to best use those slots.

So what that might mean is that each constituency gets 3 slots per meeting
(the same as the number of councillors) and then decides to fund two
councillors and one working group member for example.

I also think it's important to understand that the work the drafting team as
a whole has produced is not the reflection of any one single constituency
interest. Obviously, individual drafting team members have put forward their
constituency's views (the RyC is represented), and this is the way we have
built up the positions we have come up with, in an attempt to reach
consensus and best represent the wide variety of views on travel funding
that exist.

Thanks,

Stéphane