[council] Travel support needed for Sydney

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Thu Mar 26 19:32:27 UTC 2009

The IPC intends to use the 3.5 travel supported slots, and may wish to
have additional support to facilitate presentations and discussion on
the IRT output.  We support the use of residual DNSO funds.

As to the type of assistance being requested, the IPC probably will not
be able to provide that information by 27 March.  We have raised with
ICANN staff the structural difficulty that the IPC will have in
identifying travel support recipients by 6 April, namely, that the IPC
amended its by-laws to have elections 30 days before the new Council is
seated, that those elections have not occurred yet, and that they will
not occur before April 6.  We have not yet received a response from
ICANN staff as to whether there is any workaround to the April 6
deadline given our structural problem.